Read the New Testament This Year with Higher Hope Church!
Here’s how to get started:
- Download the 5x5x5 New Testament Reading Plan from The Navigators or pick up a printed copy at Higher Hope Church.
- Use the checklist in the Reading Plan to mark off your readings as you complete them.
- If you are on Facebook, join our closed Facebook group and discuss the readings with other members of the church.
- Sign up to receive blog posts in your email inbox with recaps of weekly readings. You are welcome to comment on the blog posts and engage with us if you do not have Facebook!
Some additional thoughts…
- First and foremost…although this is termed a “challenge”, we know life happens. So allow yourself GRACE. If you miss a few days, weeks, or months, don’t give up! Just jump back in and continue with us!
- Also, if you feel that the Holy Spirit wants you to spend more time in a particular passage of Scripture or even a whole book of the Bible, then please do it! The reading plan is only a guide to help you move through the New Testament.
- NO GUILT, NO PRESSURE! Go at YOUR pace.
- Before you dive into each reading, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to provide you with wisdom and discernment as you read and study His Word.
- I recommend keeping a notebook to record your thoughts as you read through Scripture each day. Is there a particular verse or passage that is speaking to you? Write it out, pray about it. Ask the Lord what He is saying to you through it and how He wants you to apply it to your life.
- Take a look at the 5 Ways to Dig Deeper on the Navigators 5x5x5 Reading Plan. There are some great options there to help you dig deeper into God’s Word.
CELEBRATE YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
As you read through each book, let us know in the Facebook group or through a comment on a blog post so we can celebrate with you!
We are so excited to walk through the New Testament together in 2018!